Civil service commission - Frequently ask questions





**Equipment Allowance

Postgraduate Physicians and Dentists are entitled to a one time equipment allowance of up to 800 KD payable upon receipt of confirmation of purchase and a support letter from the program director.
**Child Tuition

You are eligible for child tuition reimbursement if your child is three years old or older and enrolled in either a formal child care center or public/private school.   To receive reimbursement you must submit a receipt from the school, on school letterhead, which shows the dates of attendance, your child's name, fee labels and amounts.  Only mandatory fees required of all students for attendance can be paid.  

When do I get my stipend?

Stipends are paid one month in advance on or close to the 15th of each month.  For example, January's stipend is sent on December 15 and February's stipend on January 15 and so forth each month.  Therefore during your final month of scholarship mission you will not receive a stipend deposit as it will have been paid in advance on the 15th of the previous month


Ticket Reservations after Authorization

Kuwait Airways (United States):
1001 Connecticut Ave., NW          Tel No: 1-800-424-1128, 202-296-4644
Suite 715                 Fax No: 202-296-7895    
Washington, DC 20036          

Kuwait Airways (Canada)        Tel No: 416-926-1275
77 Bloor St W,
Toronto, ON M5S 1M2 Canada

Kindly provide Kuwait Airways the following information:

1.    Full name
2.    Passport No. and Expiration Date
3.    Date of Birth
4.    Telephone Number
5.    Dates of Travel    

When am I eligible for an annual ticket?

You are eligible for the first annual ticket after the first year of scholarship.  You become eligible for each annual ticket on the anniversary of your scholarship start date.  Requests for annual tickets must be submitted about one month before eligibility date. Annual tickets cannot be issued if you have less than six months of scholarship time left or will graduate within six months.

How do I request my annual ticket?

•    Send an email or letter to your Academic Advisor requesting for your annual ticket including the travel dates and names of dependents accompanying you.
•    Your Academic Advisor will inform you once the ticket authorization has been submitted to Kuwait Airways.
•    Please contact Kuwait Airways at the following offices

How do I request my final one way ticket?

Please provide us with the following information upon completion of your program:

•    A letter from the university confirming the completion date of your program.
•    Medical & dental residents: Copies of the results of your certification/ board examinations
•    Your letter advising us of your departure date, and requesting final airline tickets


What do I do if I'm graduating soon?

Please provide us with the following information upon completion of your program:

•    A letter from the university confirming the completion date of your program which states the date of which you met all the requirements of your degree, and your final degree transcripts which indicate the "Degree Conferred" date.  Please note the completion letter should be written only once you have met the requirements and should not state that "you will complete."
•    Medical/Dental: Copies of the results of your certification/ board examinations.
•    Your letter advising us of your departure date, and requesting final airline tickets

Will I receive a shipping allowance?

You are entitled to a final shipping allowance ($450 per person, maximum of 5 people) or one extra luggage per person.

General Questions

I am renting an apartment and need proof of my income what do I do?

Email your advisor requesting a "Salary Letter."  This letter will confirm your status as a scholar under the embassy sponsorship and as well provide a general amount of your stipend and salary.  This letter is sufficient in most situations for apartment leasing, car rental/purchase and various large item purchases necessary during your scholarship.

My school keeps billing me for tuition, what do I do?

Your college or university may not have an updated letter of financial support on file and is therefore applying the tuition and fee charges directly to your student account.  Please inform your advisor so that we can communicate with the university to resolve the issue.

How do I renew my Passport and authenticate Birth and/or Marriage Certificates?

Please contact the appropriate addresses:

Consular Office (U.S.)            Tel No:  202-966-0702
Embassy of Kuwait            Fax No: 202-966-0517
2940 Tilden Street, NW
Washington, DC  20008

Consular Office (Canada)        Tel. No: 613-780-9999
Embassy of Kuwait            Fax No. 613-780-9905
333 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, ON  K1N 1J9



Contact / Hours Of Operations

OFFICE NUMBER: 202.364.2100

FAX NUMBER: 202.363.8394


Monday through Friday

9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m est



Location Map

Location map

Current weather

Washington DC

Overcast, light rain
  • Overcast, light rain
  • Temperature: 64 °F / 18 °C
Reported on:
Sun, 2017-11-19 00:52
Zircon - This is a contributing Drupal Theme
Design by WeebPal.