Certification for Private, Unsupervised Kuwaiti Nationals
The Authentication Department of the Cultural Office will certify academic documents including transcripts and letters of enrollment from approved U.S. and Canadian universities for non-supervised Kuwaiti nationals provided the following conditions are met:
- All transcripts must be official; i.e., they must bear the official seal of the university and must be received directly from the university. Under no circumstances will transcripts be certified if they are hand-carried or mailed by the student. Students may send the Transcript and Information Release Request Form to the Registrar's Office of their colleges or universities to authorize the release of their transcript to this office. Click here to print the Transcript & Information Release Form.
- Official transcripts are required for all colleges and universities attended. The certification will not be done until official transcripts are received from all colleges and universities for which transfer credits were awarded towards the degree.
- For graduating students the final/official transcript must have the degree posted on the transcript.
- In addition to the final official transcript, the university has to provide a written verification that the degree was completed through residential, traditional classroom study. If a student took any course through online/distance education, the name and number of credits must be indicated in the verification letter.
- A combined total of four (4) courses (12-14 credits) earned through independent study/internet/distance learning/online/special topics is allowed; if this number is exceeded, transcripts will not be certified.
- Only degrees earned through traditional programs will be certified (online and distance learning programs will not be certified).
- Certification will only be done for students enrolled in recommended colleges, universities.
- Submission of a copy of Kuwait's Civil ID card (Effective December 1, 2007)
- Colleges and universities should mail all transcripts and written verification to the following address:
Embassy of the State of Kuwait
Washington, D.C. 20008
This notice is for students who are not supervised by the Cultural Office. In the case of supervised students, academic document certification is conducted by their respective academic departments through their academic advisers.
Non-Kuwaiti nationals seeking authentication of their academic documents should forward their request through the Ministry of Higher Education's Evaluation and Equivalency department.