Information for Students Who Wish to Visit the Cultural Office in Washington, D.C.
Arrival Information to the U.S.
- Flight details – Please provide our office with your complete flight details ahead of time so we can arrange for the Embassy driver to pick you up at the airport in Washington, D.C. Flight details should include name of airline, flight number/s, date and time of departure and arrival, and the name of the airport of destination. Please utilize the Student Arrival Information form for this purpose. Send the completed form to Sohair Khalid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are 3 airports located within the Washington, D.C. area. Airport pick up will only be available for students arriving in Washington, D.C.
- Days of Arrival – The Cultural Division’s office hours are from Mondays to Fridays, from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm. The office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. In case you arrive after office hours, we will arrange your airport pick-up, take you to your hotel and then picked up the first business day to report to our office for your Embassy registration. Please take into consideration the public holidays observed in the U.S. (e.g. January 1-New Year’s Day; January 18-Martin Luther King Day; February 15-Presidents Day; May 13-Memorial Day; July 4-Independence Day; September 6-Labor Day; October 11-Columbus Day; November 11-Veterans Day; November 25-Thanksgiving Day; December 25-Christmas Day). The Embassy and the universities may be closed during these holidays.
- Hotel Reservations – We strongly recommend that you make your hotel reservations prior to your arrival in Washington, D.C. We no longer arrange hotel accommodations for students because the hotels charge our office for the rooms even if the students do not show up due to flight delays or cancellation, delays due to U.S. immigration/customs or personal reasons.
- List of hotels that are located close to our office in Washington, DC:
- Days Inn - 4400 Connecticut Ave., NW; Tel# 202-244-5600
- Savoy Hotel - 2505 Wisconsin Ave., NW; Tel # 202-337-9700
- Holiday Inn-Georgetown - 2101 Wisconsin Avenue, NW; Tel #202-338-4600
- Georgetown Inn - 1310 Wisconsin Ave., NW; Tel# 202-333-8900
- Churchill Hotel - 1914 Connecticut Avenue, NW; Tel #202-797-2095
- Washington Suites-Georgetown – 2500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW; Tel #202-333-8060
Please note that you have the option to make your reservations with other hotels.