PRE-ARRIVAL CHECKLIST For Prospective Students
Congratulations on your admission! Before you arrive in the U.S., please carefully read the Pre-Arrival Checklist that we have prepared to facilitate your arrival in the U.S., your Embassy registration and transition to your school.
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to meeting you soon.
- Please carefully review the Admission Packet you received from the university (I-20, acceptance letter and other relevant information like housing, immunizations, brochures, etc.).
- Please take note that some students are admitted to academic studies while others are admitted to intensive English programs. Please check your I-20 and acceptance letters.
- Complete and return all the necessary forms (housing, immunizations, etc.) enclosed in your admission packet to the school as soon as possible. You are responsible to make your own housing arrangements. Please contact the school directly to finalize your housing plans.
- If you have been admitted to an intensive English program (ESL), you will have to submit an undergraduate application for academic studies.
- SEVIS I-901 Fee – You will have to pay the $200.00 SEVIS I-901 fee before you have your interview with the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait to secure your visa. This may be paid online through the Internet using a credit card. The website address is http://www.ice.gov/sevis/students/index.htm.
- We have provided you with a copy of your Financial Support Letter – This letter was submitted to the university, and indicates that you are a sponsored student of the Embassy of Kuwait. The letter details the benefits that you will receive, which includes monthly allowance, health and dental insurance.
- You may use this as a supporting document, which you can present to the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait when you secure your student visa.
- You may also present this to your school if they ask for proof of health insurance. The actual insurance card will be given to you once you have arrived in the U.S. and registered with our office.
- Appointment with the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait
- Once you have received your I-20 and paid the SEVIS fee online, your next step is to make an appointment with the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait.
- Appointments are to be made online at https://evisaforms.state.gov/default.asp?postcode=KWT&appcode=3