Civil service commission - PHYSICIANS & DENTISTS - Faq


FAQ’s Prospective Medical Applicants


I want to apply to Medical Residency and Fellowship Training Programs in the US/Canada what are the requirements?

Application Requirements

When do the Universities start accepting applications?

Universities start accepting applications from mid May to end of August of each year, depending on the program and school. Internal Medicine Residency Training Programs have earlier deadlines, some as early as June and July of each application period.

What Universities in Canada require the TOEFL/IELTS?

TOEFL/IELTS is required by University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, University of Calgary, Dalhousie University and University Manitoba

English Language Proficiency Requirements

Can I apply to residency programs without the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE)?

No, the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE) is a requirement by all Canadian Universities to apply to any Residency Training Program in Canada

I want to apply to the U.S. Universities what examinations do I need to pass?

US University Online Application Information

If I secured an admission on my own, what is the next step?

  • Applicants have to submit their admission letters to KIMS/CSC for their approval.
  • Once our office receives the approval from KIMS/CSC, we will confirm the admission and report it to KIMS/CSC..
  • We will contact the University to confirm the admission.
  • We will then send a financial support letter to the University on behalf of the physician



Contact / Hours Of Operations

OFFICE NUMBER: 202.364.2100

FAX NUMBER: 202.363.8394


Monday through Friday

9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m est





The Cultural Office of the Embassy of the State of Kuwait

3500 International Drive, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20008


Employees Only

Zircon - This is a contributing Drupal Theme
Design by WeebPal.